- Regular use of alkaline Shampoos will fade colours dramatically (many of the high street / supermarket shampoos will be alkaline)
- Use of products containing Sulfates (there are several professional shampoos and conditioners that are 100% sulfate free see here)
- Sunbeds. As natural sun increases Colour Fade, Sunbeds too will dramatically increase Colour Degeneration or Colour Fade. When using sunbeds always wrap or cover hair up. People tend not to associate sunbed damage the same as natural sun but sunbeds will fade cosmetic colour much quicker than natural sunlight.
- Condition of hair has a massive effect on how the new colour will last. If the hair is already colour treated and porous we have to address this before we can confidently stop Colour Fade. In salon we have several treatments which 100% improve strength and porosity of the hair.
- Swimming is also a big factor in Colour Fade. The chlorine is very damaging to the hair, colour treated or natural. One should always use a protector when swimming, it is not sufficient to use after swimming shampoos. You must use a Chlorine Protector prior to entering the water.
Hair colour is arguably the most exciting aspect of hairdressing
Colour is arguably the most exciting and often the most difficult aspect of hairdressing, the vast amount of colours / techniques available to us are immense.
Here at Pure Hair Design we have a wide range of colours to suit all hair types and conditions. Our Professional range of reds / coppers stay vibrant and keep their richness brilliantly.
Another great treatment for locking in colour is the Alfaparf Colour Lock System, a semi waterproof coating is applied directly after colour and then with the home care system your colour will stay vibrant and clear.